Most of the time, you won't need to create a new rule: the pre-loaded rules are often enough to help you get started. Just make sure to review each tab and see the options available.
In case you want to do something special, creating a rule is super simple.
1. Open the tab where you would like to create a new rule.
Each messaging flow is designed for different events. For example:
- If the message is to be sent as soon as something happens: look under the Events tab.
- If the message is scheduled depending on check-in/check-out time, go to Reservations.
- Sending a message to a teammate or any third-party? Go to the Teams tab.
2. Click on "Add a new rule".
Several options will be available depending on the flow.
For example, you can configure a new rule for canceled reservations under the Events flow, or you can create to send an email to a cleaner when there is a new request to book under the Team tab.
3. Create the template
Now, it is your turn to do the magic!
Just as a reminder, you can always handle several languages. Just add a new language.
Pay attention to some additional options that will be available depending on the message. For example, a reply to an inquiry may automatically pre-approve the inquiry. A team message may be defined for a certain type of service. A rule can also be limited for one or several of your listings.
4. Ready? Activate the rule.
Once you have configured your rule, make sure to activate it. Smartbnb only uses activated rules.
You can activate the rule on the top right corner (once you are in the rule editor) or directly from the Command Center.