You have the option to delay some automatic messages up to 60 minutes after an event has occurred.
Once a new conversation is started (or the status of that conversation changes), we can wait for a certain time before sending an automatic message. We will not send an automatic message if you send a message (manually) within that time.
To change the timing of a rule to "Delay" for a few minutes:
- Go to Guest Experience, then click on Messaging rules.
- Click on the rule you want to edit.
- On the new page, scroll down to the "Timing" section.
- Click on "Send" (or "Prepare"), and change the option to "Delay"
- Change the number of minutes.
The option to delay your messages is available for certain types of rules only, if the trigger is:
- New inquiry
- New pre-approval
- New request to book
- New reservation
- New cancellation
- Expired pre-approval
- Inquiry/booking denied
- New special offer
- New payment issue