The integration between Smartbnb and PriceLabs allows you to use PriceLabs's dynamic pricing on all properties seen on Smartbnb which can include both VRBO and Airbnb listings. As a bonus, PriceLabs would only charge you for your Smartbnb properties, rather than for individual Airbnb and VRBO listings.
To integrate your Smartbnb account with PriceLabs, you will need to follow the below steps on your Airbnb, Smartbnb, and PriceLabs accounts directly.
On Airbnb: Disable Smart Pricing
You will need to disable Smart Pricing on your Airbnb listings.
If Smart Pricing is enabled, PriceLabs will not be able to make successful changes to your Airbnb prices, as Airbnb will override them.
On Smartbnb: Match your listings together
Back on Smartbnb, we strongly recommend that you start by ensuring that you are matching your Airbnb, Vrbo and Booking.com listings together. This may already be the case, but if you have not done so, you should follow the instructions in this article to help you merge your properties together.
On Smartbnb: Setting up markup rates
You will need to setup your markup for each distribution channel. This markup will be added to the price generated by PriceLabs, when we push their rates to your listings. The markup will depend on your channel distribution strategy.
- For example, if you define a markup of 0% for Airbnb, and 20% for VRBO, PriceLabs will push a price of $100 to Smartbnb, and Smartbnb will push a price of $100 for Airbnb, and $120 for VRBO.
- The markup rate can be a positive or a negative number. You can also add listing-specific markup rates, to adapt the markup for each listing. This can for example help to collect taxes depending on each city, county, state, region...
Here are the steps to create your markup rates.
- Click on Settings, and click on Preferences
- Click on Properties
- You can then enter your markup rate between channels, and for each listing.
On Smartbnb: Generate your API keys
API keys are credentials that will allow PriceLabs to write to your calendar through Smartbnb.
- Go to Apps.
- Scroll and click on API keys.
- Click on the
+ Add newbutton. This will generate API keys, with a Client ID and a Client secret.
- Make sure to select permissions to ✅ Read calendar, and ✅ Write calendar
- (Recommended) You can change the name of the API key to "PriceLabs" for your records.
On PriceLabs: set up the connection!
If you are already are using PriceLabs's Airbnb integration, you will need to remove the connection with your Airbnb account from PriceLabs, so that the prices are updated only through Smartbnb. As a bonus, you will not be paying for the same listings distributed on Airbnb and VRBO.
- First of all, you will need a PriceLabs account. If you do not have a PriceLabs account yet, you can sign up here.
- From the "Add your listings" button, select Smartbnb.
- Enter your Smartbnb client ID and client secret in the corresponding fields.
For more help on PriceLabs, feel free to check PriceLabs Knowledge Base.
What will happen next?
- PriceLabs will get the list of properties from Smartbnb.
- You will then be able to configure PriceLabs to manage the pricing of your Smartbnb properties.
- When you are ready, PriceLabs will be pushing rates and minimum stays settings to your properties.