The integration between Smartbnb and Mailchimp allows you use Mailchimp's excellent features for marketing campaigns to your previous guests. To integrate your account with Mailchimp, you will need to follow the steps below:
- You need to have a functioning Mailchimp account. It is free to signup.
- You need to have at least one mailing-list on Mailchimp. If you haven't, you should create a list on Mailchimp before integrating with Smartbnb.
- This list should include some Merge Fields. Smartbnb will automatically populate those fields for your new guests' contacts so that you can adapt your messages.
- The Merge Fields that Smartbnb will populate are:
FNAME, text field, first name of the guest
LNAME, text field, last name of the guest
PHONE, text field, phone number of the guest, if provided.
LISTING, text field, listing name on Airbnb
ADDRESS, text field, the full address of the Airbnb listing
CHECKIN, date field, formatted MM/DD/YYY, the check-in date.
CHECKOUT, date field, formatted MM/DD/YYY, the check-out date.
Those merge fields have to be registered on your list. Only created merge fields will be populated. Smartbnb will also populate metadata (such as location and timezone of your guests, and preferred language).
Please note that any error in the type of those merge fields will result in the failure to add email addresses to your mailing list on our end.
After completing the steps above, you can integrate your list with Smartbnb and have it populated on the fly for new messages containing email addresses.
- Go to Apps
- Click on Mailchimp
- Click on Connect with Mailchimp
Once on Mailchimp, you will be prompted to login on your account and authorize our application to have access to your account data.
Back on our application, you will need to select the Mailchimp list that will be populated with the guests details.
Setting up your campaigns on Mailchimp
From here, you need to create your marketing campaign with Mailchimp. Here are some instructions to get you started:
- On Mailchimp, click on Campaign
- Click on "Create Campaign"
- Select Email
- Enter the name of your campaign
- Click on "Automated", then "Date based", and select "Specific date".
- Click on "Single email" or "Email series" depending on your use case.
You can set up your campaign from there, design your emails, and schedule them depending on the date you have selected (either