Custom codes are small bits of text or whole paragraphs that you can insert into your templates. They always start and end with
%%, to distinguish them from our system short codes, which start and end with just one
Unlike short codes, they are not meant to be replaced by some data from Airbnb. Instead, they are bits of text or entire paragraphs that will be important to some guests or listings, but not to others.
To create a new Custom code:
- Click on Guest experience,
- Then click on Custom codes.
- Click on the + Add New button to take you to a new custom code edit page.
- Add in the text you'd like to be included within the text box.
- (Optional) Add a condition to your custom code.
- (Optional) Change the Scope of the Custom Code to include only the properties that this custom code would be used with.
- Click on the Save button to save your custom code.
We allow you to create as many custom codes as you'd like, with only 1 restriction:
- If you set a new custom code to have the same name as another custom code, the properties selected under Scope must not overlap. You can override this either by creating a new custom code with a new name, or by changing the properties scope for your current custom code.