The integration between Smartbnb and RBOY APPS Rental Lock Automater (RLA) helps you to automate creating individual door codes for your guests based on their check-in and check-out dates. The code will be set based on the phone number they have listed in their channel profile.
With the setup below you'll even be able to update check-in and check-out times from within Smartbnb and push them to your smart lock.
To integrate your Smartbnb account with Rental Lock Automater (RLA), you will need to follow the below steps in Smartbnb, and RLA directly.
On Smartbnb: Copy your Reservations iCal feed
Within each of your properties, you'll find your property-specific Reservations iCal feed. The feed is simply a URL that other systems can use to access reservation data.
Any new reservation, alteration, or cancellation will update the feed automatically. You could even add this feed to your Google calendar and see all your reservations, even across multiple channels, displayed.
Here are the steps to copy your Reservations iCal feed
- Click on Properties
- Click on the property you want to connect
- Click the Copy the iCal feed button near the bottom of the page
On RLA: Add the property iCal feed
In your Rental Lock Automater app, you'll need to add the feed and set a few options.
You'll be telling RLA to use the guest's phone number to generate their door code. There is an option available where check-in and check-out time will be set by Smartbnb. Using this option, you can update the guest's check-in or check-out time within the inbox or calendar and the lock will be updated accordingly. If you disable this option, RLA picks up the check-in and check-out dates from the iCal. You'll set the check-in and check-out time defaults within RLA from the Manage property page and those are then used to schedule all the codes.
Keep in mind that by default RLA synchronizes your calendar every 2 hours. Thus if you make a change within 2 hours of check-in or check-out it's best to force a resynchronization by opening the Manage Property page and then exiting it (which triggers a re-sync). The sync time can be reduced to one hour from the Advanced settings section at the bottom of the main page.
Here are the steps to set up your property connection in RLA
- Click on Manage property
- Click on your property/unit name
- Scroll down and click on Custom Channel Managers
- Paste your iCal feed in the Calendar URL field
- Use reservation start/end time: Enable = Update check-in and check-out times in Smartbnb, Disable = Update check-in and check-out times in RLA
- Exclude: (leave blank)
- Blocked: (leave blank)
- Extract phone no. from reservation: ENABLE
- Beginning marker: phone
- Ending marker: \n
What will happen next?
- RLA will pull in all reservations from the iCal feed.
- Your door codes will be created based on their phone numbers and set to the check-in and check-out dates for your guests.
- Be sure to use one of Smartbnb's custom codes, guest_phone_last4, guest_phone_last5, or guest_phone_last7 in a Smartbnb message to send the code to your guests.
- If you agree to a different check-in or check-out time for your guest, update the appropriate system to change the times for that specific code.